As a therapist, I always work within an individual client’s own threshold for intensity. I encourage clients to communicate freely with me about their levels of comfort and/or pain with deeper work. I will often ask a client to try to breathe through areas of work that are particularly intense, but I also believe that the client is in charge of how deeply I work. There is an immediate feeling of relief after deeper techniques are applied as clients feel an area that has been giving them chronic discomfort or pain release into lightness and ease.
1. Can massage help me with my problem?
2. How many sessions will it take to “fix” my particular problem?
3. Do I have to get naked?
4. I’ve heard that some release techniques can be intense. Is that true?
5. Is it expensive?
6. Does my insurance cover it?
7. Will this treatment make me taller?
8. It sounds like you do a lot of intense work. What if I just want to relax?
9. Do you make house calls?