That depends. Old injuries and repetitive stress syndromes can sometimes respond very quickly in just a few sessions of focused work, but often need several sessions. The number of sessions depends on the severity of the injury and the length of time that you have been dealing with chronic pain or discomfort. Another factor is the time between sessions. Multiple sessions have a cumulative effect if done about every two weeks or less. You will get more out of 5 sessions spread out over 5 weeks, with a longer break afterward, than out of 5 sessions spread out over 5 months. If I can see you again within 2 weeks, I can move to deeper layers of muscles and to other related muscle groups. If you wait longer between sessions, a lot of work will need to be repeated.
1. Can massage help me with my problem?
2. How many sessions will it take to “fix” my particular problem?
3. Do I have to get naked?
4. I’ve heard that some release techniques can be intense. Is that true?
5. Is it expensive?
6. Does my insurance cover it?
7. Will this treatment make me taller?
8. It sounds like you do a lot of intense work. What if I just want to relax?
9. Do you make house calls?